Monday, July 12, 2010

Yummy Monday!


Yummy Monday posts are hard because Ian has class so it's usually just me unless I have a Junior League function so my versions of "Yummy Monday" will be simply posting what I made on Sunday!

By the time Sunday rolls around we are usually tired from the weekend and dragging our feet on starting the week ahead.

Saturday we decided to check out the new Whole Foods in the remodeled Southglenn area. My goodness that place is amazing!! I really hope that the center does well because it's a great concept. The Whole Foods down there was amazing! We do all our grocery shopping at WF because the company itself has a great mission and we want to support what the CEO/Founder believes in. Not to mention they are HUGE on supporting local farmers (watch Food, Inc and you'll understand why that is important). But I just WAY digressed!

At this jazzy new WF we found a multi grain pizza dough. We usually use their pizza dough when we want pizza because it's delicious and cooks so well but this was the first time that we had found whole grain so we decided to try it out.


It's WAY healthier if it's from WF. Totally.


The dough all spread out, read to be baked before putting toppings on.


All topped and ready to finish baking!


Ready to eat!

I really truly love pizza and think it's one of the best foods ever but it's not at all healthy. I don't like using the pre baked crusts or frozen pizza because if it has an ingredient that I can't pronounce it's probably not coming home with me. The method that we use allows us to control what is put into the pizza and as a result, what is put into our bodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment