Friday, June 26, 2009

Here's a Fun Fact: Denver Gets Tornados

As I type this I'm in my basement listening to the tornado sirens blare. I'm in DENVER. Not Joliet or Winnetka or Oklahoma...DENVER.

For those of you that are unaware, I grew up in Florida and while I have lived through many hurricanes (Andrew? Pshh..I was there) and loved that in Denver we got some thunderstorms, the ocassional thundersnow but other than that nothing too crazy. I really enjoyed it that way. We have heard the tornado sirens in Denver way more times than I care to count this season and quite frankly, I'm getting a little tired of trying to figure out where the water in my basement is coming from.

So until further notice I am sitting in my basement with Holly Golightly (my dog, not some crazy person claiming to be Audrey Hepburn) watching 9News loop footage of the weather.

Happy Friday indeed y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment