Sunday, February 28, 2010

Home Decor- Part 1

Shortly before our wedding in September I went to TJ Maxx Home Goods and decided I needed some new stuff.  I bought a ton of stuff and spent well under $100 but that's an entirely different story.  If you've never been to a Home Goods you are SO missing out!

One of the things that I scored on was an adorable little black iron stool/table thing for $15.  It sat in our entryway and held a vase of flowers until my lovely new coatrack took its place.  When that happened I decided I wanted to paint it and put it somewhere else where it would get more use.  I first picked an orange color that Ian HATED.  He thought it looked like a road sign (in all seriousness, the paint I bought WAS fluorescent orange.  Think HUNTING).  I went to Home Depot with Ian on Saturday and I spent some time perusing the paint section where I found the perfect sagey green color that Ian had wanted for the table.  A couple coats and this bad boy is transformed!

Here it is drying outside but I'll post another picture soon with it's permanent location!  The best part about that paint color is since I bought the large size I can use it on another small project!

No comments:

Post a Comment